From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Monday, June 9, 2008

Tribute to Dancers 1

Well, apparently, I have to say something about one of the Latin dancers – named Cameron Smyres. Yep, he pretty much rocks. What more can I say? He is so nice and fun to hang out with. While standing with some leaders, they were discussing how nice these dancers are and how helpful – so they brought up Cameron who is always aware of who needs help with carrying bags. When I look for a good group to wander around with, he’s one of the dancers I seek out – for he makes the group great! Before we got to the hotel, we were just able to talk about anything. He is a great listener and always there to brighten up the day. I'll miss him when he leaves the team at the end of this tour.

No comments:

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.