Well, 7am breakfast and we had to be on the bus to travel to Hangzhou at 8am. We all were tired and quickly fell asleep. Travels lasted until about noon, and then we ate lunch at the hotel and were able to rest for an hour or so – due to rain …
We had a show tonight … sigh … don’t get me wrong, I love running a show, but I am exhausted! I guess I should try to get more sleep, or something …
We did drive around West Lake, which reminded me of the peacefulness of Waldon’s Pond. When we got to the venue, there was a huge poster for our concert, and a children’s dance group was there to meet with us. The main picture on the poster was of the Cha Cha dance, “Doo Wah Diddy” so the dancers posed in front of it and soon, the children noticed they were the ones on the poster and began to want their own pictures. Lol … Anyways, set-up at the venue went slow for me as I wasn’t able to set up for the first … hour or so. It did go well, except headsets had awful reception. In many ways, we weren’t able to communicate and I give both lighting, spot, and backstage cues. It was an adventure!
Really, not much happened today. After the show, we had dinner at the hotel then off we went to bed. I leant my computer to some dancers until 12:15. I stayed in my room watching an interesting movie. I find my eyes notice a lot more of film aspects since I’ve worked on the set. Also, a lot more things in Chinese films make sense as I recognize similar temples and such.
From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment