First, the black rainstorm warning caused a lot of delay and the museum would be closed due to it. Therefore, I wandered around the harbor with a few dancers for a while. We walked a bit around the Avenue of Stars that had statues of anime characters and names of stars on the cement walk - like in Hollywood. It was right next to the harbor so we had a great view of the skyline. It is amazing here!
We met at noon as a group for lunch and had McDonald’s. I’m not sure if I should feel sorry for the employers or be glad to give them so much business. It is hard to work with a group of 47, but we definitely give them a lot of business! Hopefully, we won’t be eating at McDonald’s so much in the next few days. We’re starting to get tired of it. It’s better then in the states, but I’m hoping for more authentic, culture food.
Well, due to the problems and delays and cancellations caused by the black thunderstorm warning, the bus was delayed by at least 45min. I disliked having nothing to do all day. I love the structure and business of tour, so it was weird to have so much free time – and due to the rain, we were stuck inside the whole time.
Finally, we headed to Stanley Market. We had an hour and a half to shop. It was a nice market with so much beautiful merchandise, but I wanted to wait until we got to mainland, so I just bought my Hong Kong patch to add to my tour bag. It was a great experience and I enjoyed wandering with different dancers and seeing what everyone decided to buy. I’ve got some great ideas and look forward to future shopping.
We headed to the venue for our last performance in Hong Kong. Apparently, SFX was being awful to me! I realized my mistake, finally, but it caused some grief. Oh well. All got organized and ran great. I felt confident in the show tonight. Sound wasn’t the best, but I adapted well. Now … on to the next venue!
From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment