From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Medical Update

It's starting to get annoying. I am so confused. So, it's been what ... two weeks since I learned that I had e coli. I've been to the Health Center three times. I took some medication, but had gone back to test and see if I needed more. I hoped they would just call me and say they had a prescription for me at the pharmacy. Unfortunately, I get a message today that I need to meet with my doctor and discuss the symptoms I am experiencing. Sigh ... ok ... I HAVE NO SYMPTOMS!!!! sorry ... don't care much for being charged for unnecessary doctor visits. I'm also worried that the fact that I've been around paint fumes for hours at a time is not improving my health any. They can't take a test and discover that, can they? And, the first impression I had with my doctor is that he wondered if I had an eating disorder. That does not get good points with me. Sorry.

Story: So, I did all the nurse preliminaries before my driving physical. I was about 125lbs or something and 5'8" or so. When the doctor comes in, his first comment was how I'm a small girl. I just make the comment that it probably won't last very much longer ... thinking about how my high metabolism will eventually even out as I get older. Yep ... his next question was if I'm worried about my weight. Sigh ... just because I am thin does not mean I have an eating disorder. Yes, it is a growing issue in this society, and in a way I do tend to skip more meals then what I eat (due to being so busy working and forgetting about food), but must it be the first conclusion to jump to? People always assume that of me because they never see me eat (cuz I'm always on the job when they see me) and because I am so thin. Ug ... annoying ...

I guess I'll make an appointment tomorrow and visit with my doctor. Let's get this resolved ... PLEASE!!

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.