From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 12, 2009

3D CAD Project

So, my one and only class this last semester of my college years is 3D CAD. I'm learning how to create 3D models on SketchUp and Strata. I'd have to say it is a lot easier then I expected. This is a first block class, so it only lasts until the end of February. We had five assignments to complete, the first two was following dimensions in creating a courtyard and building. The last three follow each other into completing a dining room. First, we made goblets and a decanter set on a platter.
Then, we were to make a chair from a selection of six different options. I decided to go for the most difficult and I'm am proud of how it came out.
Our final project is creating a table to match the chair and follow guidelines in creating a dining room.
So far, I've spent over fifteen hours working on this project, and I still have a long way to go. Thankfully, I still have a week and a half before it is due. With nothing else to do, might as well spend my time in the computer lab.

I need to add a chandelier, wall sconces, paintings, wallpaper border, and bay windows. (none required, but what I'd really like). I also need to finish the construction of my corner wine/china cabinet and choose better wallpaper. Lighting needs some more tweaking, and I'm still not fully happy with the table (course I did just make it today). I also want to add some more furniture and tabletop decorations. We'll see ...

This is such a fun project!! :-D

No comments:

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.