Sorry I haven't keep updated on my dance work. I'm usually better then this when it comes to a big show, but my body has been rebelling. My doctor gives me a good bill of health and the next day everything goes wrong. Each day I get a different symptom and no one knows what it is ... guesses being food poisoning, candida, etc ... course I haven't gone to a doctor since it's began. Too busy w/ work :-D
Cougarettes in Concert is this weekend at the Covey Center of the Arts. Tonight was the opening night and all went well. I was a bit discrated at a few cues, but they went. Our midi connection does not work with our light board, so I had to call each cue as my co-worker took the GO on the board. It's harder on this concert because Cougarettes are very HIT with MUSIC kind of dance and it makes it difficult with standby ... GO cues between two people - especially when trying to work with half seconds. Oh well.
I have also been working a lot with Macbeth. Today was the light hang and I was able to be in charge for the first three hours with no others available. I love working with light plots, paperwork, and everything else that goes with a light hang. It's just jumping from one task to the next trying to get everything together before the shop moves the set onstage. We needed to do what we could today because shop will begin laying the raked stage tomorrow. Yay! AWESOME SET!!
So, today, I was at the HFAC from 9am to 5pm with two of those hours in class. At 5, I finally got something to eat and walked home before getting to the Covey Center at 6:30. My night finished at 9:30pm. Yay ... a twelve hour day! Very nice.
From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment