From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Macbeth Update

Macbeth
By William Shakespeare

“By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.” Seeking to fulfill a series of supernatural prophecies, Macbeth falls into a descending web of magic and tyranny as he and his ambitious wife stop at nothing to obtain and keep the Scottish crown. Only after he has destroyed everything he holds dear does Macbeth realize life is “full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

Start date: 3/18/2009
End date: 4/3/2009
Time: 7:30 PM
Venue: Pardoe Theatre
Ticket Pricing: $15/$13/$10
Dress Rehearsals March 18-19: $8
Saturday Mar 21 Matinee: $8

:-D I am so excited to be working on this show. It is a lot of fun. Of course, it probably would apply to working with any theatrical production, but I love working with Barta Heiner as a director, Eric Fielding as scenic designer, Michael Handley as lighting designer, and all the other wonderful designers working on this show. It also makes it great to see a Shakespearean production being set in "Book of Mormon" times. The design is amazing because of all the references to Mayan, Inca, and Aztec cultures. Yesterday, I was able to help with finishing touches to our light hang. I spent a few hours with the master electrician running through all the lights and fixing a few forgotten things. I do love my job! I don't think I could easily be taken away from the theatre. :-D

No comments:

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.