From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Macbeth progress ...

So, I'll have more to say tomorrow, but I am totally excited for Macbeth!!! I've been attending the production meetings and can't wait to see it on stage. The designs are amazing! While working in the scene shop, I see the set progressing nicely! Tomorrow I have a meeting with the costume designer for a lighting test so I get to see how those are coming along. Eventually, I will be assisting more with the lighting process. Mike Handley designs the show himself, then allows his assistants to help during light hang, focus, and tech.

If I haven't already stated again and again ... Macbeth is being directed by Barta Heiner and she is setting the play in Ancient America. Therefore the designs are based off Mayan, Aztec, and Inca tribes. It also has a kind of Book of Mormon: Gadianton robbers feel to it. It's gonna be good! It is an amazing design team working on this project, too. Many are people I've been taking classes with these past four years. Yay!

No comments:

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.