Of all the months out of the year, I'd probably have to say that February is my least favorite. Especially here on BYU campus. I've done pretty well avoiding half the month by going on tour. Unfortunately, that will not be the case this year. Today in The Daily Universe, there were at least two articles about marriage. UG!! Apparently Feb 7-14 is National Marriage Week. Oh the joys *sarcasm*
The only good thing about the month is the fact that it's Arizona Statehood Day on the 14th. It's a good cover-up for those who dislike Valentines Day. It's not that I hate Valentine's Day because I don't have a man in my life. It's what it represents: material love, public display of affection, overzealous about being in a relationship. It's a reminder to those happily single that they shouldn't be happy single and need to seek a relationship. Trash!
From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

1 comment:
Not to mention the greeting card and candy industries way of getting men to buy stuff for their girlfriends/wives to show how much they love them.
The good news is that it is on a Saturday, so there's no school on Valentines day.
Post a Comment