Today is the first day of Winter Semester. I'm excited for all my classes; I just hope it's not too much outside work for me to handle. I am taking Mission Prep with my roommate as she prepares for her mission and I consider the possibility. For work, I will have culture class every Monday morning at 7am for two hours to prepare for the International Tour in June. The rest of my classes are towards my major emphasis as I finish the prerequisites with Directing Fundamentals and Dramatic Literature 2. After that comes beginning Scenic Design, then a pre-production class for the film I will be helping with this May.
This is going to be an exciting year! I look forward to working more into the theatre department and begin designing with the dance department.
From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment