From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Juno

On Monday, Andrea and I decided to finally watch the film, Juno. We have both heard so much about it from our film friends and wanted to see it for ourselves. I personally enjoyed this film a lot. I am sure many people I know may not appreciate it in the way that I do, but this independent film is enjoyed and appreciated more by film majors than any other viewer. I was very impressed with the script, concept, and acting.

"Juno" is a PG-13 movie about a 16 year-old girl who becomes pregnant and begins making choices for the good of herself and her unborn child.

For those interested in viewing this film, it is important to know that there are several different elements that may be difficult to view by our "Mormon" culture. There is a very strong use of language that is dominant in teenage high school vocabulary. Since she does get pregnant there are references to sexual activity with teenagers. Then, there is the hardest thing for me to watch which relates to the relationship between Juno and Mark, the husband of the couple who will adopt the child. Nothing is there, but these is that awkward feeling and fear of what could occur. Along with my film and theatre friends, I loved the movie. Andrea thought it was good. Dan, my FHE brother, walked out of it in the first ten minutes while on a date. If you attend the movie, you will be thrown right into the story, which will tell you to either walk out or decide to look past it.

No comments:

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.