From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Future Plans
At work, I was able to talk with my boss Mark and discuss several different options for work in the upcoming years. I wish to look for work during July and August, but there really is no theatre job available for such a short period of time, especially over the summer season. Therefore, we looked at different options I could take, like transfering to another BYU job, like grounds crew or custodial, especially if I worked for 40 hour weeks. But we also discussed that if expanding my resume was more important than money, I could look into a job with corporate stage work in another state. Then, that lead to plans for next summer. If I plan to graduate next year, it may be wise to step away from the dance department and plan to find an internship or job over the 2009 summer. It all depends on my dedication to the dance department and if I really want to work for the summer tour that will be state side that year. I definately have a lot to think about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment