Today went great!! Our first stop on our way to Detroit was to visit the Henry Ford Museum - "America's Greatest History Attraction"! We had tickets for both the museum and the Greenfield Village. An all day excursion was done in an hour and a half. I looked at the vehicle selection of the museum for half an hour seeing some presidential vehicles - including the limo that Kennedy was assassinated in - saw a lot of vehicles through the ages, real sized trains, etc. Unforunately, I didn't spent enough time to discover other neat exhibits for I headed over to the village to try to join a group again. I keep finding that our group is really good at disappearing into a crowd. We are suppose to be in groups of three, but in a museum we split up for personal observation and trying to get back together is impossible!! I wandered the village alone for a bit - worried I'd get in trouble being alone - then sat on a bench at the entrance until a group of dancers finally showed up. Then we spent over thirty minutes in the glass shop watching them make different things.
The Glass Shop produces more than 10,000 pieces of early-American glass each year. Artisans in the newly enlarged facility demonstrate the glass blowing process from start to finish daily in the authentic traditions of the 19th and early 20th centuries. Visitors will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in this historic craft ...
Awesome!!
We then reported to the theatre and was able to get everything read before dinner. It was so nice to actually be able to go to dinner and that food was great!! The bishop's wife made grilled veggies - asparagus, white asparagus, carrots - grilled chicken w/ rosemary, pasta salad, homemade rolls, and grilled pineapple - for dessert w/ sherbet and mint leaves. When we returned to the theatre, Pat did spacing with his dancers until house opened. I'd say we had the best performance of tour from a technician's aspect. Stage may have been too small for dancers, but lighting looked great and we were set with time to spare before house opened. Good way to end the tour.
No comments:
Post a Comment