From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day Seven: Sunday!

Wow, has it really been a week? I hate when time flies by and so little has been done. Today was great though. We had 9am church in Minneapolis ... and my favorite part was a little boy giving his testimony. I wonder if the format has changed, for kids usually do the usual script of "I'd like to bear my testimony. I know..." but this little boy gets up there. "For those of you who don't know, my name is ... I'd like to tell a story..." was how he starts off. Then he tells a short story and puts an emphasis on that for his testimony. Always remember that kids are listening to what we say and learning from it. It was honestly a miniature testimony of what a lot of people do now. It was adorable cuz he looked no older than seven.

We stayed for the whole three blocks then got on the bus and drove to Wausau, Wisconsin to have dinner at the stake center and do a fireside. It is a small town will few members, but these are amazing members. It was wonderful! There were probably only about twenty people there, but our singing brought tears to people's eyes and the talks were really good.

The next thing was to be placed with host families. We all get a list for placements and guess what ... I WASN'T ON IT!!! HA! They used a list of an old roster before PAM (Performing Arts Management) realized I had been forgotten to be added. Sad, but really, extremely funny. I got placed with a married couple - seriously my favorite people on this team. Don't get me wrong, I love all the dancers, but these two: Eric and Cambria Graham are AWESOME!!! (Allison was living below Cambria's sister this last year. Eric is one of the volunteer techs for the tour.) We sat and talked about a whole bunch of great things for two hours, then we hit the hot tub for an hour. It's been a great Sabbath!

Some of the topics we discussed:

Schooling
Relationships
Future school/career plans
Missions

Miracles of Healing ... We are staying with President Beck who is the Associate Dean of the University of Wisconsin: Marathon County. He has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and almost a year ago was given two months to live. He has so many amazing stories of how the Lord is with him in many ways. It was simply amazing sitting and listening to all of his stories. It is such a strong testimony builder. Here's a published Patient Story from the Marshfield Clinic he attends: Nolan "Whiz" Beck.

No comments:

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.