From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Friday, May 30, 2008

Nowhere Man

I have continued with my film experience by helping with a TMA 419 film. We spent four hours yesterday doing lighting tests with the camera, then we spent 12 hours today filming. It was so much fun! Today's site was Studio Y in the HFAC so I got to learn some more about the HFAC. Also, besides increasing my knowledge of grip and electric for film, I also was able to slate each scene. Which means I called the number and takes of each scene, then clapped the sticks. I learned a lot and had fun. This filming is schedules for this weekend and next, so unfortunately I could only help for these first three days. I really wish I could help for the full shoot, but I'd say China is a good reason to miss out. It does sound like an interesting film, named "Nowhere Man". I haven't been able to read the script and haven't heard much about what it's about. The scenes are very interesting and I look forward to seeing more. I love working with films. It will be hard in the future to finally decide what I want to place the most emphasis on: theatre, dance, or film ...

No comments:

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.