From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Monday, May 5, 2008

Day Six

Well, I learned a very interesting fact today. Apparently, it takes at least 45 minutes to walk from my apartment to the Motion Picture Studio. I really wanted to take a walk, and it was a nice day today. So, I started from my apartment, dropped off some books at the Provo Library, then walked to MPS. I was still early for call, too. It's an adventure to go to work at the film shoot. It's always full of surprises to hear what different conversations come up. I was so tired today because it was a noon call and we worked until 10pm. I prefer starting at 8am because I am up with the sun. There are two more days inside the cabin until we have to begin traveling to other areas in Little Kirtland and even going over to Missouri Town to shoot some town square scenes. I am getting tired, but work hours are less since we need to leave MPS before midnight and we don't start 'til noon. No more 17hr days for the rest of the week. It may change when we shoot our still frames beginning next Monday, but I don't find it likely. Things are starting to come together. I can't wait to use this experience for another film shoot. Hopefully I can use the contacts and networking I've gained from this production for future films.

No comments:

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.