Well, in the middle of putting on Ballroom in concert, I was also preparing for the filming of Diantha's Crossing. In two weeks, we begin filming, so Saturday morning we had a test shoot as we tried out the camera we are using and learned about set-up, operation, and post-production elements that is needed to be known before we begin the filming. I was there to begin getting an idea of lighting. We were told that it would take a few minutes - which probably meant an hour, but I left for work two and a half hours later and they were still working. The theatre and film industry has no sense of time, but that's why I enjoy it so much. It is easy to get lost in the work.
It did happen to be the first time I dared to wander around the MoPic (LDS Motion Picture Studio) lot and see the models of the Whitney Store, Red Brick Store, and the Joseph Smith Sr. home. We are actually using those buildings for camps and a few filming purposes. I am so excited for it to begin, but I know I am really going to be worn out afterwards. Good thing I will have two weeks before going off to China. I seem to not believe in rest since I keep jumping from one project to the next. It keeps a person alive and on their toes though.
From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment