I have just finished watching "One Night With The King" this night and was truly amazed to see the amazing design that was placed within the filming. The costuming, scenic, and lighting design was so powerful. I was greatly impressed with all the work that must have gone into the filming. The power of the bible story of Esther is shown through this film. I wish I had the power and imagination to design with such an amazing impact. Although I may not feel like I have the ability to design such projects, at least I can learn of the experience to work as a gaffer and grip to participate in the creation of such a film. I have felt the joy of working backstage on multiple stage productions for plays in high school and dance in college, but it is my desire in the future to look back on a feature film and remember my help in creating the set up and filming of each scene. No one will know of what I have done, and most will not even bother to wait for my name to appear on the credits, but I will know and hold the memories of each scene, each filming, each moment. I will be able to relive those times with the production staff in pre-production meetings and the laughs we had together through the experience.
I am so glad that Heavenly Father has blessed me with this talent and I just wish to be able to assist in several productions to come that will be able to express His spirit and love for His children. My first film will be "Diantha's Crossing" this spring and I look forward to many more in the future. I may never be on a popular film, but I will continue to dream and use my talents as a mission in life to spread the love of God through the amazing works that can come from the film industry.
From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment