From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Monday, March 30, 2009
This week ....
I have a pre-tour show with Dancers' Company this week. Thankfully, I now am getting information about tour. We will be on a bus instead of vans. All equipment will fit underneath the bus so we still have to pack really light. I have a show order and have it built in SFX. Unfortunately, we are still waiting for an SFX computer that we can take on tour. With Folk, Ballroom, and Dancers' Company leaving on tour at the exact same time, it's causing conflicts with equipment. We have enough for two teams to leave at one time. Three - is quite a scramble. We're getting there, but have to spend some extra money and cutting back on a lot of things. It is still a slow week, which is good since I may have caught a cold from the film shoot. Right now, I have a headache, but I've got a cough/sneeze going on every once in a while. I may have forgotten to bundle up the first night. It's also good because next week is Ballroom in Concert! YAY!! That's a busy show and since I have no classes, I'll probably be going over my hours helping out when others are in class. I love Ballroom in Concert!! I may try to squeeze in being a truss spot op again. Fun job! We'll see what is planned for that week. The end of the semester is coming quickly ... and it's my last semester :-(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment