Well, I was out of commission for a bit, but I'm back - just taking it a bit slower. This week is Senior Showcases and I am stage managing. It's a small show in the RB, but it's looking good.
I gave into my weakness again ... but it's been a while, so I'm okay with that. I bought three books, but it was all under $20. Gotta love books!
My computer up and quit on Monday and although I was going to give up on it, I decided to buy a new and bigger harddrive to get it up and running again. Now I have to decide how much I want to spend on how much new memory. The only loss is all that great music and pictures. Sigh ...
Utah spring is weird. I'd get annoyed with the extra windy day, but I find I am always indoors and get a ride home at the end of work so I don't have to deal with the weather. Yay!
I ate three hours ago, but I'm starving again - so annoying! - so I'm off to get food then sit at work reading until work begins in two hours. Yep ... my life!
From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment