From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Monday, March 2, 2009

Graduation is coming ...

Seven Weeks ... My college graduation day is coming up quickly. I am done with classes and just have to work on Ballet in Concert, Macbeth, and Ballroom in Concert. Wow ... the time is going fast.

As I get closer to graduation, I keep thinking about what I would like to get myself for a grad gift. I want to leave BYU with something in my possession that will act as a reminder of my years at BYU. I've been looking at BYU memorabilia at the bookstore and saw a plaque of the bell tower, or Y mountain, or the Maeser Building that I thought would look great. I've considered getting a class ring. Also, recently, I've really begun to like the idea of getting a pocket watch (I don't like wearing watches but need to know the time when I don't have my cell phone). I thought it would be a great reminder if I got an inscription on the inside of a pocket watch that stated "Go Forth To Serve" or some other BYU message to continue to remind me what I want to do with the learning here at BYU. I am a Theatre Arts Studies Major. I want to use my knowledge of the theatre to begin spreading the gospel through the theatre. What a great way to remember. As I was searching, I came across watches with a blue face and thought that would be even better. It's a great slick look, and another reminder of my Alma Mater.

Blue Sunray Pocket Watch

Colibri Pocket Watch Men's Stainless Blue Dial

Of course, I'm always changing my mind. It would be great, though. I really like the watch idea. I've always wanted a pocket watch. I'll do it one day. I don't know if that day will be soon or not.

No comments:

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.