The World Premiere Screening of Diantha's Crossing is finally coming up. It will be held on November 14 at the JSB Auditorium at 7pm. I'm so excited!!! ... unfortunately, I will be unable to attend. It is official that I will be touring with Ballet this semester and their tour is from Nov 14 to Nov 21 in Colorado.
Anyways, for those who are at BYU at the time should go see the premiere of Diantha's Crossing. It's going to be good .... I was able to watch a three minute clip at the forum and I really miss all the time spent working on that film.
It's amazing how close a crew gets while working on a show. That's why I love the theatre/film industry so much. When spending so many hours together working on a production, so many great experiences occur and we grow close together. We really are a family. Sadly, when a production ends it's hard to come together again, but at least the memories will always be there.
From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment