From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Distracted ...

Wow ... I'm feeling so distracted from life. I spend all evening, from 5 to 11, in the deJong working on the opera. I want to do work with dance, but time is against me. The theatre is only available after 6, besides hour blocks here and there. Then, I'm busy with school - midterms aren't too hard for me, but they are occuring once a week. Joy. Dance Devotional is next Tuesday. I look forward to working on that. Hopefully things begin to get more organized for me. Oh ... time is of the essence. Gotta go!!

No comments:

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.