From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Vibe

Vibe is hitting BYU Campus as the biggest party of 2009. Think swirling lights, heavy beats and dancing that will blow your mind. DJ Esque will keep the pulse going all night long, and mixed in will be live performances by Kaelynne Hill, winner of the 2007 BYU Idol.

That's not all... Vibe will also host a music competition. You will have the chance to hear new music from local artists, and then cast your vote for the best submission. The artist with the most votes wins the grand prize, an iPod Touch.

We'll also be hosting a dancing competition, featuring the best of the best dancers at BYU. Watch as they stomp, shake and sweat their way to the big prize, an iPod Nano.

So go grab your date now, because they’ll all be gone by January 17th, 2009.

Pre-Sale tickets will be $3 starting January 5th.
Tickets will also be available for $4 at the door.


So, I will be helping with Vibe next Saturday. It's going to be a very interesting experience, for I'm still learning to take full control over a performance. I'm so use to following direction, it's odd to know it's now my turn to be in control. I'll be working with equipment from a theatrical rental company and working in the Wilk Ballroom. Do I get to have fun! Hopefully it will work well! I'll have fun figuring out the best way of setting up lighting and finally running the dance concert. Wow ...

1 comment:

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.