From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Doing well!

I am finally getting into working from home. I had such a hard time at first, but now I am loving it and don't want it to end. It is a bit hard to put in several hours because time goes slowly with these projects. My favorite right now is being able to transcribe the journal of my great, great grandmother. It's difficult to read, but so worthwhile when I am able to decipher each entry. It is a five year journal so there is a little message every single day of the year. It was hard at first because I started with her journal that showed the decline of her last years and I saw the constant sickness and doctor visit and the harder it was for her to write. When I finished with that journal, I went to one written about ten years before and began to find entries about the war. It was very seldem and only in 1942, but it was fun to be able to not only see her day to day life with family, but also catch a bit of events in that time.

I also am able to scan pictures of my grandparents when they were young. Apparently my mother sees similarities of my looks with that of my grandmother in her wedding picture. It's great to learn of our history and be able to see connections with our ancestors.

I also helped my mother with a Christmas gift as I learned to work more in Photoshop and greatly take stress from mom. It was a great project as I was collecting pictures of my grandmothers and great grandmothers. I look forward to my next project which is to take the old children's tapes we had fallen asleep to when we were yound and convert them over to CD. That will bring back a lot of old memories of my childhood. That'll be fun!

No comments:

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.