From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Back Home

I've had a relaxing family vacation at the Cabin in Pinedale, AZ. It was a nice retreat and we were able to go shooting, fishing, horseback riding, and doing campfires as a family. We are all now home in Mesa. My mom loved having all eight of us together, the first time since Christmas. We hope to try and make it into a tradition to gather together at least once a year as a family to do a camping sort of activity.

Well ... I have shocked my mom at my abilities with a 12 gauge shotgun. Actually, I surprised myself. I haven't picked one up in several years since I bruised my shoulder the first time I shot one. Well, I now find that I can shoot clay pigeons out of the sky during my first and second attempts (each attempt has four shots). I apparently hit more than half. Apparently, I am also good with a gun. I've always liked pistols, but now I've gotten over my fears of rifles and shotguns. I'm hoping to get a group together and go to a shooting range sometime this month.

I plan to rest a lot while I am at home, but my parents want me to look into a possible part-time job with surrounding theatres or work with family history. We'll see what the next two months have in store. For now, I look forward to rest. If only I was in walking distance to the library ...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yes, guns are fun. I've done skeet shooting a few times.

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.