Well, I'm a graduate. Wow... still hasn't hit me. I think the moment that was the closest to me realizing I'm graduating was at the commencement when the graduate were asked to all stand up, and to see over six thousand people in blue cap and gowns. That was the closest I came. I do have to say my convocation was AMAZING because we had speakers from communication and theatre and media arts. We are a very visual and unique combination of people and totally believe in projections. I'd say I'm happy with my degree!
Now, I am off tour with Dancers' Company for three weeks. We leave tomorrow at 8am and drive for two days to Des Moines, Iowa. There are only six performances during these three weeks, so we have a lot of free time. We do have assemblies and outreaches at schools, but they only last an hour. I'm curious to find out what has been planned for the remainder of the time. It feels so different to see this being my last tour with the dance department. After May 18, I am no longer a part of BYU activities. I almost don't want to leave. It's been my life and passion for the last four years. I've gotten to know so many people in the dance, theatre, and film departments. I really hate to break those ties. But it is time to move on. As one door closes, another one opens up.
From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment