Well ... more traveling again! When we got to the venue, I helped set up front of house then got on the genie lift to re-hang and focus the lighting. It was a bit hard at first because I had to take down cyc lights which are long and heavy. I'd rather not drop lighting instruments. It's no fun!!! It went well and I spent half the time up in the genie lift. Then the run of the show was fun. Dancers felt more confident and I got all my cues. We had to start late as we waited for dancers to finish their pre-show devotional.
My host family was amazing!! I loved them all! I actually stayed up until 1:30am talking with the 14 and 12 year old girls. It was fun!
We attended church with the host family, then began traveling again right afterwards. Because we are to arrive in Sterling on Monday, we drove halfway and are now staying in a hotel for the evening. A huge group of us gathered together to play games and listen to music for the night. It was quite fun!!
Tomorrow we only have a lecture demonstration to do at an elementary school. We drive through the morning, then do the lec dem around 1pm. After that ... it's a surprise to me.
From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

2 comments:
Sounds like you are having fun.
You're apartment is being spotlighted for ward prayer next week by the way.
I also tagged you, if you do meme things.
Post a Comment