Sterling was a great audience!! The house held 560 people and it was packed full. They were so glad to have us there. We were in the paper for the lec dems we did for the kids. Those were also fun to do because the kids always love being able to see the dancers perform while at school.
Journal-Advocate: Ballerinas Take Stage
Journal-Advocate: Brigham Young University Theatre Ballet Performing in Sterling
Our venue at Greeley was a very nice Civic Center. It housed over 1500 people and everything was already set up for us. I had work to do with projection and audio, but the dancers didn't have to touch Marley or lights. Our audience count ended up to be 593 people, and out of three levels, they all fit on the first level. With such an easy show, my tech girls were able to watch the first half from the balcony w/ me (where I was set up for the show). On headset, we had the guys from the theatre, so Mark and them talked of new technology coming out, which was quite interesting! While searching online, I find that we were also in a paper to promote the performance attendance.
Greeley Tribune: Brigham Young University Theatre Ballet Provides Some Fantasy at UCCC
From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment