
This Saturday, September 27, 2008, is the General Relief Society Meeting and my stake has been given a selective amount of tickets to attend. Three of my friends and I were able to get tickets and will be attending the meeting in the Conference Center. I am so excited!! I never thought I'd have the opportunity, yet here it is. With General Conference, this may be the first time since coming to BYU that I will not have at least one session in the Conference Center, but I definitely plan to spend both days in Salt Lake listening on temple grounds or in the Tabernacle or JSMB.
I am going through a lot of difficulties right now and don't feel like myself, but it is a great feeling to know that the Lord is always by my side. And these next two weeks I am able to hear from the leaders of the Church that can give me more strength and help me feel the love that radiates from this Church because of our beliefs in the true Gospel. I can survive any difficulty and times of loneliness just by remembering all the tender mercies given to me and embrace the warmth and love that come from the Sisters of the Relief Society. In all the touring I do, the best experience is always feeling at home with the Sisters. We are joined worldwide and what a comfort that is. No matter where my work may take me, I know that there is a place to meet each Sunday with people who always shares their love: love for the gospel and love for each other. Although events and people are coming in and out of our lives, we know one thing that stays steady: he love that God has for us individually as we can continue to learn from the Gospel.

1 comment:
I've been going through some difficulties myself lately and I am grateful for the gospel. It is so true--the Church is true no matter where you go.
I loved this post. And your last one. By the way, I like opera and ballet too. We should get together :)
Have a good day!
Post a Comment