From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Friday, August 15, 2008

Housing Hunting ...

Wow, I have to wonder how many students are homeless at the beginning of the semester. It is really hard to find housing less then a month before school begins. Everyone I call is full. Sigh ... I guess I shouldn't have been so picky last semester. I started my apartment hunting last February with my roommate Sariah. I just wanted the best deal ... which really doesn't exist. I now have to hunt and give in to what I normally wouldn't want. Now, I find places that would have worked fine, but are now full. It's my senior year! With my roommates seperating ways, I guess I wanted at least one thing right. Oh well.

I may have one place that is a possibility. I am going to look at it now. It was not the location I was looking for, but rent is cheap and it's a 4 person apartment. It may be just fine with what I need. We'll see ...

Gotta start walkin'. I need to time how long it takes me to get from campus to the complex. It's only five blocks so it shouldn't be too bad! If this place doesn't work out, I'll have to raise my rent price a lot. I only wanted about $240/mo, but those have been long gone. Now I'll have to settle for $280/mo with the way things are looking. Of course that is still cheap compared to other colleges and such, but compared to my $199/mo last year, it's quite a jump!!

Happy hunting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy house hunting . . . best of luck. I hope this one works out for you. I can hardly believe that you'll be a senior this year. Congrats!!

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.