From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:

dancetechinservice.blogspot.com

Monday, March 31, 2008

Apartment Hunting

What I dislike the most about the end of the school year is beginning the hunt for a new place to live. I have found an amazing housing complex for this year at La Grande, but I like the feeling of change and the new experiences of living in different locations around Provo. I don't like spending too much on housing, especially after $199 a month here at La Grande, but all housing is rising in prices so that is not likely to find such a good place again. This will also be the first year that I don't have Andrea as a roommate. I really don't want to bother with a roommate, but I don't want to pay the rent for a private room. Oh well. I'll have to figure it out soon enough. I've considered places like the Brownstone Condos, University Villa, Wyview, Riviera, or Park Plaza. I just cannot find the best place I'd like to go . . .

1 comment:

Laura said...

Go to Park Plaza! Because that's where I'm going to be living there next year!

:-)

Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.

Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.

Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.

I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.