The year 2007 has finally come to an end and it has been an amazing year. The most memorable parts of the year was the traveling. During the Winter semester, I was able to go on the mid-semester tour to Southern California with the Folk Dancers as their stage manager. Then, during the month of June, I went international to seven countries in Western Europe with the Ballroom dancers as a production assistant and spot operator. Then the year was ended with the Fall semester as I went on the mid-semester tour to Arizona with the Ballroom dancers as stage manager. Not only was it a memorable experience because of the locations we visited, but because of the wonderful people and the memories of each performance. A travel not associated with work, but relating to the family was being able to go down to Mexico, Nuevo Casas Grandes for a reunion.
School was challenging but I learned a great deal and truly love each class - no matter what grade I got. I am grateful for the many wonderful friends I have within the dance and theatre department. Also, I'll never forget the great memories I've had with my roomates. Traveling to Kansas and Colorado for visits, attending Spamalot and Sweeney Todd at the theatre in Salt Lake and Park City, and the endless hours of fun making music videos in the safety of our apartment. They make life worthwhile!
It has been a wonderful year and I look forwards to what awaits in 2008...
From September 2009 to March 2011, I will be posting to my other blog. For those who want to follow my mission experiences in Florida Fort Lauderdale, please go to:
dancetechinservice.blogspot.com
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stagehands have astonishing learning curves. It's not unusual for stage crews to have trucks full of unknown scenery arrive at a theatre on Monday, which we need to assemble and understand to open a show we've never seen before... on Tuesday night.
Most people, if confronted with such a task, would flatly say it was impossible.
Stagehands find ways to make it possible. We learn quickly, we draw upon years of experience, skills and training, and (all too often) we drink lots of coffee and work all night.
I've had one longstanding handicap in my career as a stagehand. I don't drink coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment