

This past Christmas Eve, I was able to design the Family Nativity Pageant. I had fun working in a new area of the farm and coming up with ideas to make it more exciting. The year before, I had used cloth for a backdrop, but this year I needed to block off the background and make it a cozy stable so it was an important part of my design. The inn was another challenge as we use to have the barn for the inn. Then, there was a restriction to the length of the "stage" so I allowed my dad to put up the boundaries, and I decided to use cloth again to make the door to the inn. It was really fun coming up with it all. I was surprised at the minimal use of props I used this year - mainly because my uncle threw away the props I use to use - but it really was not needed this year.
The best part of my design was allowing my three little cousins: Holly, Julie, and Laura, help out with finishing touches as they approved of the work I did and touched up some cloth choices and put "citrus baskets" on the sides to cover the speaker and light post. They even gave me the idea to put rope with the cloth backdrop to add the perfect finishing touch. I'll never forget how much fun I had teaching my little cousins how to "design" and taking their ideas to apply to my own. I'd say this year was the best design yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment